Application opens on February 23, 2018 and must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. CT on April 16, 2018.
The LCLD Leadership Academy selects a cohort of 15 participants on an annual basis. Ideal applicants must demonstrate a commitment to the Latino community through service and leadership with a desire to serve their community through positions of impact, such as policymaking roles, corporate or non-profit boards, appointments, or other leadership positions. Promising leaders must have an interest to enhance their intellect, through thoughtfulness, collaboration, and civil dialogue. Further characteristics include:
- Demonstrate commitment to the Latino community
- Interest in public policy and public service
- Interest in serving through positions of impact
- Passionate and enthusiastic professional
- Preferably ages 25 to 40
- Open to all qualifying individuals regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, citizenship status, or age.
The 12-month academy consists of quarterly convenings, generally held in Dallas, TX. Applicant must commit to quarterly meetings that will occur on the following dates:
- August 2-5, 2018
- September 20-23, 2018
- December 6-9, 2018
- March 7-10, 2019