Since its inception in 2015, LCLD has focused on building a pipeline of leaders and ideas for the Latino community through its annual leadership academy, policy institute, and strategic initiatives. This year, the LCLD plans to expand its reach and offer opportunities to collaborate with local community members by institutionalizing a program for volunteers.
Our program is designed to offer opportunities for volunteers to:
- Network with federal, state, and local elected officials and policymakers committed to Latino issues
- Attend exclusive local political events, activities, and outings
- Assist in the development and implementation of LCLD programs
- Learn about organizing and planning events
- Obtain an inside look into Latino politics
- Acquire non-profit experience
- Practice and foster personal talents and skills
- Serve the Latino community
More on the Ambassador Program:
The Ambassador Program is an intensive program designed for high school and college students to work in our headquarters in downtown Dallas. Launching in the Spring of 2018, the program will be divided into three cohorts: spring, summer and fall semester. Ambassadors will be offered a position at LCLD through a “track” and will serve as support in the preparation, outreach, and implementation of efforts for individual LCLD departments. The goal of the LCLD Ambassador Program is to offer volunteers an opportunity to assist in general tasks, while also integrating them into the broader efforts of the LCLD. General duties will range from providing support for immediate and long-term projects, in addition to carrying out projects with minimal supervision and serving as liaisons to the community.
- Policy & Research
- Marketing & Communications
- Leadership Academy
- Strategic Initiatives
- Policy Institute
- Development & Fundraising
More on the Volunteer Program:
The goal of the LCLD Volunteer Program is to offer volunteers an opportunity to assist as needed for events and projects with minimal commitment. Volunteers are expected to help during special events, such as policy forums, leadership academy seminars, and strategic initiatives. In cases where Ambassadors are unavailable, volunteers will be contacted. This program is intended to accommodate non-students or non-traditional volunteers who require more flexibility.